Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cat show photos

I did my first shoot using some of the lighting, backdrop, set design, and poses that are the standard for professional cat show photographers. I have been invited to be the official show photographer at a show back East and I am going to perfect the craft.

I used a canvas backdrop that has some texture and wrinkles in it. It is not the standard backdrop for pro cat show photographers.

Exotic Shorthairs are cobby, cobby legs, cobby bodies, cobby tails, have no necks, really big round heads with a flat face and small ears. Every cat breed has its own partcular standards, so they all must be photographed to accentuate these qualities while also bringing out the personality of the cat.

If Alex was a person, he would be a line backer playing football. He is just 8 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment